Friday, 8 April 2016

leftover love

Carrying on from leftover talk yesterday I thought I would share with you my special box. When I have cotton fabric scraps I use them to cut out apple core shapes and put them in this shoe box.


I get them out every now and then and start randomly putting them in pairs




The more random the better,  I am aiming for a large very random quilt.  It could take some time but each block will hold a memory of my sewing journey



I only started a little while ago and the box is slowly but surely growing full of apple core shaped blocks, some of them in pairs for now. So far I have memories of mothers day gifts, wristlets for key rings, microwave pot holders, pencil cases, and boxer shorts 


Going to be interesting to see how far I get in a year or so. 

Take care and stay crafty
Jules x 



No comments:

Post a Comment