I have been eyeing this pattern up for quite a few months now. I have seen these made in a youtube video and a few blog posts and Pinterest posts. I was smarting a bit at the price of the pattern though. By luck I popped in to my local fabric/haberdashery/wool shop Boutique Haberdashery last week for elastic. They didn't actually have the elastic I wanted but they did have a 40% off sale table with a lot of patterns including this one. So I grabbed it and last night decided after everyone else had gone to bed to trace out the pattern. I did version A and no pockets
These need a press but I was so pleased to get them made and almost all going well that I took photos pinned to my Dressmakers Dummy instead of parading around the garden and getting Gary to take photos. As a side note my iron seems to be not working to well and only produces steam when it feels like it and same for heat. Definitely going to have to invest in a new iron. People who know me well will be laughing at that thought!
It's a nice cotton with subtle stripes and embroidery flowers and leaves. Look a lot better than the photos are showing. They have a side invisible zip that somehow I have managed to put on the right side instead of the left side.
The embroidery isn't as shiny as this and seems to be hard to photograph. I will try another day or when I first wear them more like. I might crop them to a 3/4 length for the summer, I haven't made my mind up on that just yet.
As for the pattern itself, it was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the mainstream patterns you can buy. I felt things were explained really well. I did wonder at the thoughts of putting it as a beginners pattern with an invisible zip fastening it it. But as I said it was explained well and there was also a video link you could go look at if you got stuck. Definitely becoming a fan of Colette patterns.
Hope your weekend has been a great one but for now
Take care and stay crafty