Sunday, 22 May 2016

Staunton Country Farm

Now and again we have a little adventure day with my older son and his fantastic girlfriend. It's been well overdue for this one so we were all excited to be visiting Staunton Country Farm in Havant. I didn't get millions of photos and I am only sharing a few. 

This hairy chap we found in a pot near the beginning/end of the maze. to see what made us chuckle you have to look closer
Somebody has been braiding it.  Much like someone might braid a beard.


And for once I can say it wasn't one of my lot that did something like this.  As if they would *coughs*


We had a few showers and the raindrops looked so magical almost I couldn't resist taking a few photos of them.



Luke took 5 minutes to think and ponder the meaning of life looking at his calm serious face here.



This little terror kept trying to headbutt us, mostly my older son. great character but very antisocial.


And these fascinated us up close it was hard to believe it was a tree.



They get stranger don't they?


I had to ask what tree it was and given everyone seemed to answer me at once I think I was the only one that didn't know it was a Monkey puzzle tree.Very impressive indeed.


I should have taken a video to because these pigs tails were moving so much you would of thought they were happy dogs and about to take off with the force they were wagging round.


We also saw rabbits, Jersey cows, Alpacas, Llamas, Guinea Pigs, Rheas, geese and ducks.  They also had walled gardens and a Victorian greenhouse.


Something for everyone I think, even have some friendly goats 


It's not the most biggest of places or cheapest but we enjoyed our get together and seeing what they did have.  Roll on the next adventure day. I may just have something up my sleeve ;o)


But for now I hope to get back in the sewing room tomorrow with another upcycle idea to try on an old tee shirt and maybe start sewing a dress or pair of trousers. Depends on the amount of sleep I may or may not get tonight 

for now though
take care and stay crafty
Jules x 

No comments:

Post a Comment