Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Triumphant Tuesday

Today has been a good day in many ways. A few weeks ago I bought some cheap oversized scarves from Primark,  I wanted to see if I could turn them into a kimono cover up. So I started with this 



And ended up with this. I folded the scarf in half so the top had a folded edge.  measured down the measurement  I wanted the sleeves to be then added half an inch.  Took out my rotary cutter and cut off 6 inches widthwise and rest of length.  Leaving me with a t shape.  I french seamed the cut edges together.  Then cut up front center on one layer only,  and removed a triangular shape at the top for the neck.  Rolled the edge over twice and sewed it down.  It's very floaty and will be ideal for the summer when I want to wear vest tops but not flash my arms about. I might make it shorter to, I am not sure if it reminds me to much of a dressing gown at the moment.  Will leave it up on model and see how I feel tomorrow.  

I did learn the reason Primark sell these so cheaply.  They aren't cut/printed straight so very difficult to line up.  So I don't think I did a bad job all things considered.




I do not like not being able to do things.  Very often I set my mind to do something and I will carry on until I get there.  In this case I have always been evaded by shirring.  All those little girls dresses, skirts and tops I could have made if I could do it.  I have watched many a youtube video and read many books etc.  but alas no joy has been had.  That is until today :o)  I shall probably now be found madly muttering as I wind 100's (maybe a slight exaggeration) of bobbins with shirring elastic by hand. I proudly present my first ever shirring that ever worked to you.


Now I will do a shirred skirt I think first. Will be ideal for the summer months.  But for now a Supernatural Episode on DVD and a spot of knitting.
For now take care and stay crafty
Jules x 

No comments:

Post a Comment