Monday, 6 June 2016

Carrie Trousers

As I mentioned yesterday I had cut the pattern out for these trousers. I went looking today for fabric I had already and come up with this glorious butterfly print.  I have had it about a year but hadn't been confident enough to cut into it up until today.


They aren't as tight as they look here, Trying to show off the pockets has distracted from their flowing drapy quality


Same for the back. These are so comfortable I might need to make them in all the fabrics.  Well light draping fabrics at least.

And the pockets are such a generous size, I love pockets. Always feel a bit lost if I don't have pockets to carry my phone or put my hands into while stood around. 


The trousers are made from the Carrie Trousers pattern from sewoverit.co.uk/ I discovered Lisa Comfort through YouTube last year. She really makes things seem more achievable.

Only problem I had today was I run out of my preferred black thread. My machine happily ticked over with a cheaper brand, which is unusual for it. No complaints from me on that score.  Will treat her to a few more reels of the good stuff tomorrow though.



No comments:

Post a Comment