Friday, 1 July 2016

30 days of gratitude day 1

I had this photo come up on a group last month and decided it would be a good idea to go for it this month and do 30 days of gratitude of what things I am grateful for.


So day 1 what smell am I grateful for today? The smell of fresh English strawberries I think would of been today's smell I was grateful for.  We had a hospital appointment for our youngest son.  Just a  general check up and discharging from that department kind of appointment.  The drive up and back to the hospital made me wonder how many people on the roads had been drinking before they got in their cars and vans? I was glad to get out of town and off the motorways.  Popped into our local fruit and veg place on the way home and as we walked in there was this most gorgeous sweet smell of  strawberries. It was so calming and called up memories of strawberry picking and making summer jars of jam ready to perk up dreary days later in the year.  It's amazing how a mere sniff of something can take you on a journey down memory lane and cheer up a day that had been stressing you out a bit. And of course we bought some strawberries home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment