Monday, 4 July 2016

30 days of gratitude day 4

Todays question is what food are you grateful for? Simple answer to this one is the food I get to sit around a table and share with family and friends.  Doesn't matter if it's a simple piece of toast, or a roast dinner with all the trimmings.  Food shared with good company, good conversation and with love is always the food I am grateful for.

Being a fan of cooking it gives me much pleasure to see something I have prepared bring a smile or a look of contentment on someones face as they eat food I have cooked. The eyes that light up when someone realises you baked that cake for them. 

I couldn't pin down one individual type of food. Food and cooking for me is very mood based so it changes daily what I think is a fantastic idea for todays dinner or treat to make. You could say I am a very moody lady in that respect!!  Very often I will start the morning off thinking I am going to cook a certain dish for dinner that night.  By the time the youngest is home from school my mind has usually changed and my mood has dictated a big change. The family are used to it by now though so all is good.  I rarely have complaints about my cooking so I must be doing something right :o) 

Take care 

Jules xx

No comments:

Post a Comment