Wednesday, 6 July 2016

30 days of gratitude days 5 and 6

I didn't forget this yesterday exactly, just by the time I went to type it out it was 11.55 pm so I decided sleep was needed more.  So 2 posts in one today

Day 5
What sound are you grateful for today?

Anyone who knows me well knows that I spent 19 years Deaf and every sound I hear I am grateful for.  Yesterday though I was really grateful to hear the sound of my sewing machine running and the hiss of the steam iron as I pressed. Sewing while Deaf was a bit more dangerous as if I glanced away I wasn't always aware of the sewing machine running if the children were about. I don't have children around to cause lovely chaos as often now and not in my sewing space, but it does make sewing less frightening :o) 

Day 6

What in nature are you grateful for?

Plants, trees and birds.  They change with the seasons and always something to admire and wonder at if you look close enough to be amazed. Trees fascinate me greatly and are far from boring. I never really noticed the beautiful songs of birds when I was younger but I do now. 

Will be back a little later to show you what else I have been up to today 

Take care
Jules x 

No comments:

Post a Comment