Sunday, 17 July 2016

30 days of gratitude

I am not really behind on this I just haven't posted for 11 days.  Life got to the point I had to stop everything else and focus on one area in life that became like a back hole.  Every aspect of life seemed to get sucked towards this situation as we sat around waiting for an outcome. We eventually sort of got to a stage where life could return back to normal from tomorrow so I have prepared a new sewing project to start sewing up tomorrow.  It feels great to be able to be able to get lost in a sewing project and an audio book again. 

I am listening to The girl with all the gifts by M. R. Carey now.  I saw an advert for the film to this the other night on TV so am vaguely interested in the film after I have heard/read the book. 

Anyway shall we get back to this 30 days of gratitude?

Day 7

What memory are you grateful for?

Hearing my first granddaughters first cries.  As a Mum I had no hearing when all 3 of my children were born.  My daughter asked if I would like to be at the birth of her first daughter.  I had only had my implant for around 5 or 6 weeks so I will always cherish hearing Evers first noises in this world 

Day 8

What book are you most grateful for?

This is a very difficult question because I am a book worm/addict.  All books are like old friends and sometimes I use books to get me through difficult times.  When I had a brain tumour and was recovering from it's removal I went through a stage of dark horror books and supernatural kind of books.  It helped to imagine there was stories worse than mine.  I think though it's more reference books I am so grateful for.  I am always trying to learn something new.  My brain is always on the go so having cooking/sewing/craft/quilting and baking books around are my favourites.  Theres always something to immerse myself in and something new to learn.

Day 9 

What place are you most grateful for?

That is easy, my home.  A place I can be myself and a place my family can feel they can come back to even when they are big enough to leave home. 

Day 10

What taste are you grateful for today?

Mints, I love mints and I always keep a pack around.

Day 11

What holiday are you grateful for?

Christmas holidays, fun and games preparing for the festivities and ready the night before Christmas to the granddaughters on Christmas Eve

Day 12

What texture are you grateful for?

I have no idea at first thought, but then I thought of marshmallows.  I love the texture when eating them. 

Day 13

What abilities are you grateful for?

I  am grateful for my patience, ability to cook, being able to hear again, being able to drive and having the ability to almost mind read my children some days x 

Day 14

What sight are you grateful for today?

emails that were actually a response to ones I had sent

Day 15

What season are you grateful for 

I love Autumn the most.

Day 16

What about your body are you grateful for?

My eyes, with one blue and one brown I am not unique but I do feel a little different and I think my eyes are brilliant so I am grateful I am not the same as everyone else in that respect

Day 17

What knowledge are you grateful for?

Anything I have learnt in life. Cooking knowledge is something I love having.  I have even been jokingly called Delia now and again! I love having enough culinary knowledge that I can walk into our kitchen I can make a meal up even after everyone one else has declared there's not enough food to cook a meal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment