Saturday, 13 August 2016

tents and a skirt for a sewalong

Whoo, it's been busy and hot lately.  This summer holidays with the kids has certainly kept me busy and amused.  Which unfortunately means away from here and most of my social media to. On the plus side it's all been good fun up until I got a summer cold/cough yesterday. I will live though don't worry.

We have been very lucky having the granddaughters over a few times a week while my daughter works, not quite sure who is having more fun us or them? On Monday I decided a wigwam type tent was needed for them to play in.  So, off I went to the corner of the garden to retrieve some bamboo sticks that had been hidden in a tangle of honeysuckle.  Bit of string to tie them together in a square triangle, and a duvet cover and pegs and the girls were very impressed with their little hideaway. 

We have also been out to find 'magic' sticks and so far we have been decorating them with small gold and silver stickers.  Next week I think we are going to cut out some felt stars and maybe make them padded and add to the end with some ribbons. What little princess doesn't need a magic wand?

Just right for eating lunch in and finishing off a tube type yogurt out of the sun.


Katie at Inside number 23 both on YouTube and ravelry. Is hosting a sewalong using the Hollyburn skirt by sewaholic. Looks pretty simple and a lovely skirt so I thought I would give it a whirl.  Took me until tonight to cut out my fabric.  A light weight black, floral denim with sparkles? I am hoping you can see them in this photo?


Ruler for reference there for size idea


And this pocket is just genius, first of all I thought there was a pocket piece missing, but no, this piece folds in half to form the complete pocket.  Which means it's less complicated than the last few pockets I have attempted


1 am is just the right time to blog, enough quiet to concentrate and it's slightly cooler in the house.  Not much though.  I have to say I am not complaining about the weather at all.  It's lovely to have such nice weather for so long.  Saying that I a now looking at patterns to make a winter coat.  I figure if I start thinking about it now and start organising things I might actually end up with a new coat by the time the cold weather starts up again.  Just one problem is all I have, what colour to make a coat in?


No comments:

Post a Comment