Thursday, 2 February 2017

Slow day

After I blogged  yesterday I managed to do a lot of damage to my shoulder lining, don't ask me now how it happened because I never know what causes it.  Today had therefor been full of slow steady movements and gentle activities.  Even lifting a cup of coffee can be painful.  Luckily I am well versed in how to deal with this reoccurring pain. 

Managed to finish my Nancy dress yesterday apart from the hook and eye at the back neck opening, simple right? Well no it took me longer to reason between an hook and eye or a popper.  Finally decided on the popper so I can get dressed and undressed without help.  

Not to happy with how the dress fits, mainly because I am big anyway and the dress just makes me look bigger.  So will have a think on shaping more or maybe making a belt for it.  Trouble is the dress goes on over your head with no zips etc so to much shaping and I won't be able to get it on or off. Definitely more thinking than I am capable of this evening anyway.

We had a meeting this evening, am impressed at how smoothly that went considering. But when we got home and realised there was no plan for dinner things nearly went a little skew whiff ( love that expression) No way do the 2 dishes exactly go together but they were tasty and used up the veg in fridge, some vine cherry tomatoes and a can of kidney beans, sauteed and braised a little and seasoned with garlic, parsley, smoked paprika and lemon


This was served up along side this really terrible looking risotto.  It was started as a pretty basic mushroom risotto, and finished off with a fresh dressed crab we got at a fish stall yesterday.  The parsley is not showing up at all, and we served this with lemon wedges. Tasted great. 


So that pretty much is the excitement for the day.  I cannot pose for dress photos until I can easily put the dress on and off without trying to not make loud pained noises and try not to swear as I do something silly like move my shoulder.

Hoping I can play a little with something crafty soon as really starting to get bored of this whole relaxing lark. 

Also looking at things to do in the half term coming up soon. If anyone has any good recommendations then let me know, I am based in Hampshire UK

For now Take care
Jules x

No comments:

Post a Comment